Sunday, June 15, 2014

#BigPlans // #BigCity // #LittleBlogPost



So, I have some big, exciting, semi-ambitious plans in the works! And no, unfortunately it does not involve moving to Chicago. Even as sweet as that would be, I have to be satisfied with mere weekend trips to get my fix of big city life. As much as I'd love to get back into a real city, that's going to have to wait a little bit longer... 




I did tease myself last weekend as I drove into the city and immersed myself back into crowds of interesting folks, stunning architecture and the constant hustle. I had to stop myself multiple times from even entertaining the idea of moving down here! As much as I'd love to, I reminded myself the situation I have up in Wisconsin is good.... especially for saving money. 




The money I'm saving is pretty crucial for what I have planned in the next coming months, I won't tease too much since there is still a lot of planning and figuring out of visas'n'such, *hint hint*. BUT(!), my weekend in Chi-town revolved around a two-day class that I hope will help significantly with my grand plans! 

There is a fantastic group called Girl Develop It, if you haven't heard of them, check it out! They're based in a lot of major U.S. cities and even a few international ones. They are an incredibly welcoming community of female (and some male) coders that hold regular meetups and classes. I took a two-day intermediate HTML and CSS class that I learned a heap from!





I am continuing on with several online courses to further the mind-boggling task of learning to build websites. I really want to immerse myself to the level of being able to pretty much do everything myself as much as possible, and the class I took verified this is going to be a long process! So far Skillshare, Lynda, Skillfeed & Treehouse are all proving to be fantastic resources to expedite the process! I'm loving Skillshare and Treehouse the most so far! 

What all this basically means is that you may see a makeover done to this blog very soon, one that includes ditching blogger. Gasp! I'm super excited though to learn Wordpress and play with my new Adobe Creative Cloud programs and features! I finally stopped being stingy after many failed attempts to torrent it and first now realized how nice and extensive the new cloud service really is! 

I have a lot to keep me busy with this summer, but I'll do my best to continue storytelling about my European, Tasmanian and Great Lakes trips I took last year! 

Cheers!



01 09 10