Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Let me tell you a story...

Lets make worthless, (nearly) broken-down vehicles the topic for todays blog. Just for the sake of this photo and my following story to be cohesive. The photo is just part of my 365, but I couldn't refrain from showing off how well Sadie models for me. If only I could take that dog to Australia with me... 

*sigh* 

And the bus? Well that's just part of the wonderful junk collection accumulating around "the farm".

Anyway, so onto my rather exciting story involving my black beauty of a car, a '97 pontiac grand prix which, although barely functioning, I still adore it.

Yesterday while I was went into town I encountered a mess of plastic bags on the road that was completely unavoidable to run over.  I really didn't think much of it since it was just plastic bags, but without me realizing it two had actually stuck to the bottom of my car.

 Later that night, probably about 3 hours later, I was in Green Bay on my way to meet up with a friend. I had stopped at Jimmy Johns and after I had parked a man came running up and started banging on my window. Confused and slightly hesitant I rolled down my window to him telling me that something was on fire below my car! 

This guy had followed me off the highway just to let me know! Soooo I thanked him and ran into Jimmy Johns to ask for a fire extinguisher or something because, well, my car was on fire. After figuring out that water would be best one of the guys ran out with a tub of it and put  the fire out for me. Fortunately it was just one of the plastic bags that caught fire. Then I had to shimmy under the car to get the other one that was stuck.

After all that it's still working...for now!
01 09 10