Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Catching up on Zzzz's...still.

photo taken from here.

On Sunday night I sang along with David Grohl to Everlong, Learn to Fly and Times Like These...and bought the t-shirt to prove it. The Foo Fighters paid a visit to Brisbane to help raise funds for the flood that hit this past January. They also made a similar visit to New Zealand raising funds for the Christchurch quake, how can you not love these guys? As Grolh said himself "this is what I know how to do. I don't know how to fix people's roofs, but I know how to make music and make money". So the instant Jo and I heard they were coming we devised a plan for Jo to score tickets to the show that sold out online in 15 minutes. 

It was by far the greatest concert I've been to. I love all their songs and Grohl himself is entertaining enough.  The concert lasted until nearly ten o'clock, and being a Sunday there apparently is not much need for buses past 9:15 in Brisbane. Needless to say we didn't get home until midnight and I'm still catching up on that nights lack of sleep.

So never fear, I still have two days left of bragging and showing off  my photos of Airlie beach to go!
01 09 10