Saturday, August 20, 2011

Childhood


 
 As soon as I saw the new "prompt me..." posted on FTLOB I was in. The topic, childhood.  I'll admit, I had a pretty awesome childhood of which I totally thank growing up on a huge chunk of land with all sorts of animals coming in and out. 

But one of my favorite, and most treasured, memories was when I was between the ages of 8 to 10 where I'd spend my summers out behind the shed "wild kitten hunting". No I didn't kill them or anything, but having lots of farms around our area that were plenty of wild cats that were unaccounted for just roaming around making babies. 

Me being the cat lady I was, at the ripe age of 5, and Animal planet addict would go out and just sit very still and meow. Eventually one of those vulnerable, stray kittens would wander over. Still sitting still (and meowing) it'd eventually come up right next to me WHERE I'D SNATCH IT! Then I'd run to the house showing off my prize and spending the rest of the summer taming it and making it mine! 

This went on for a couple summers until we had at least ten (tame) cats and one day they all just started to die off. One of the cats I'd brought home had some disease that spread and killed them all off.

Thats when I became a dog person. 
And I couldn't be happier with all mutts I've had. 
Fin.
01 09 10