Saturday, January 5, 2013

#HeresToANewYear

2013. 

It's here. 
And so far, all first five days of it have been absolute bliss. 


2012 had been probably the most life changing, challenging, enriching, exciting and fulfilling year of my entire life. All at once.

I wouldn't change any of it. 
It is hard to believe that some of the people that I'm closest with I haven't even known for a year. And yet the adventures we've taken, the drama that's been had and the surprises  that have come all made this year fly by far too quickly. 




I know I have barely updated this old thing pretty much all of last year, of which I really hope to change.  I have had sooooo many things to blog about and yet have had no desire to sit still and make a proper post for any of them. 

But this year, I hope to correct that. I might just start surprising you with quick, basic posts and stop fussing so much over the photo quality (yup, that's probably the main reason I slack so much).  While I hope to someday dedicate posts to some of my most favorite '12 memoires, I know already there are plenty coming in '13. 



I am currently in my last two weeks of residing in Sydney. 

Even typing it still doesn't seem like it's true, but alas, I'll start my trek back home. 
I first will spend ten days in Tasmania, come back to Sydney for my final two days in Australia where I'll continue on to New Zealand. After twelve days in the North Island I go to Hawaii and spend another ten days on Oahu before finally flying home.

THEN!
(Because that clearly isn't enough) 
(and because I'm a sucker for flight sales)
I will be going to Germany for 19 days, after only a week back home, to visit my favorite German. Then I'll get to come back home to all the excitement of my best friends wedding coming up in April!

Whew! 



And from there I have no idea where the rest of the year will take me. 

But in the meantime, I have no work, no classes and no worries to enjoy the gorgeous weather that's finally hit sydney. 
01 09 10